|Justin Bieber ‘obviously relieved’ after charges against him were dropped|
Justin Bieber has had an assault charge against him dropped.
The charge, which involved a Toronto-based limousine driver, was withdrawn in court earlier today (September 8).
Crown attorney David Mitchell said that the prosecution decided to withdraw the charge after they went over the evidence and decided there was “no reasonable prospect of conviction”.
Bieber was charged in January this year after a limousine driver complained that he was hit while he was working.
The star’s lawyer Brian Greenspan said that Bieber “was obviously relieved” and ready to “get on with his busy career with one less diversion”.
Last week, the 20-year-old was charged with dangerous driving and assault for a separate incident, after he was alleged to have been involved in an incident with his quad bike and another person’s minivan.